The online conference “Accessible Markets and Production Optimization in the Context of Geopolitical Restrictions for the Timber Industry of Russia” was held today on the Pro-Tree portal*.
The event was attended by representatives of the timber industry enterprises, federal ministries and industry communities. Key topics of the conference:
- Overview of the state of the markets of timber products in Russia
- Current changes on the lumber and raw timber markets
- Current state and development perspectives of timber slices and furniture industry in Russia
- Doing business in China: what you need to know when entering the Chinese market
- Wooden housing construction: will the industry remain the driver of timber industry in Russia?
- State support of the sector: how the government plans to support timber industry
- Export development to CIS countries
- Export to Asian countries: market capacity and perspectives of zero import duties for Russian products
- Explanations of the limitations imposed on the Russian timber industry in the frame of the 5th package of the EU sanctions
- Vologodskiye Lesopromyshlenniki’s view of the situation in the timber industry complex.
The final topic was revealed by the General Director of JSC “Group of companies “Vologodskie Lesopromyshlenniki” Alexander Shangin.
“We believe that through titanic efforts it is possible to partially minimize the damage caused to the industry. But, unfortunately, we have to change the vector of our investment opportunities, and let the main flow of resources to search for survival measures.
We have stated specific proposals in a clear and constructive way but we need operative and coordinated work of the ministries and federal services, i.e. the uniting interdepartmental KPI’s aimed only at satisfaction of needs and preservation of private business and not at fulfillment of some historically established, “already voiced to the population” or other individual priorities which are not connected with reality”, – Alexander Shangin said.
Tomorrow the conference will continue its work. Based on its results a large analytical material will be published on https://proderevo.net/.
“ProTree” is an independent portal, where every person, somehow connected with the timber industry, will find useful and relevant information.
Relevance and accessibility of information – we place the highest priority. On our portal you will find unique analytical materials, reviews of forestry enterprises, news and interviews, online services. We are working to ensure that visitors to the portal save time, and often money – only “live” participants, only the target audience, only current offers, only the most important news and unique analytics. Relevance, convenience, simplicity and accessibility are our main principles. We plan to implement many projects and expand the features of the portal. Be with us – “He who owns the information, owns the world.